Monday, February 11, 2013

nautical nonsense

what i'm about to tell you is truth.
it has been retold for many years
and is now part of my family folklore.


when i was younger, all of us cute little voigt ninos were not allowed to watch spongebob

GASP, right?

i think my mom thought it was dumb.
whatever, mom. 



it was a nightly tradition for the kids to sneak out and watch tv from the balcony 
after we were supposed to be in bed.

now here comes the good stuff.

one night, my mom was taking out the trash,
my dad had the tv on,
and the second the door clicked closed,
he turned the channel to...
SPONGEBOB.

we kids were shocked.
dad watches spongebob?
why can't we?

the next morning we tattled.

and from then on spongebob reigned king in our house.

but wait. that's not all.

this year, i got two sister in laws.


aren't they cute?
(also, that boy that is not my husband, that's Tom. He's fun and single, yo.)

they are spongebob and patrick themselves.
and with their love for the square,
my own love was rekindled.

i might watch spongebob on saturday mornings while bryson makes pancakes.

take that, mama :)

(jk mom i love you)

No comments:

Post a Comment