Friday, February 1, 2013

The potato mouse

you guys.
sometimes i learn stuff in school that is incredibly gross.
like about hantavirus- a nasty disease carried by deer mice with a 37% fatality rate and no known cure.
and sometimes these fun facts that sit in my brain cause me to freak out.
like this week.

ok, so my apartment has a funk to it that came with the place.
it's kinda like chinese food and stale pizza (nummy, right?)
as a result, a candle burns 24/7 in the front room.

one day when i get home, there is a smell so bad that even the peach bellini candle can't hide it.
i sniff around, and find that the smell is coming from behind the fridge area.

OMG OMG WHAT IF IT'S A MOUSE BEHIND THE FRIDGE OMG AND IF IT HAS HANTAVIRUS WE COULD ALL GET IT AND DIE AND I DONT WANT TO DIE I HAVE WORK TOMORROW AND IF I DIE WHO WILL MAKE ALL THE SMOOTHIES?

i can be a little dramatic. whatever.

so i call my mom and tell her that 100% for sure there is a dead mouse behind the fridge. 
she, like a good mom does, tells me to make bryson take care of it.
and just like magic, he walks in.

he moves out the fridge...
no dead mouse.

but he has to leave right away again.
so i'm once again stuck in a stinky apartment.

i spend the next 10 minutes looking everywhere for the source of the stink.
guess what i found?

POTATOES. ROTTEN POTATOES.

guys.
that smell was worse than death. 
it made me never want to touch potatoes ever again.

and then i remembered mashed potatoes.
and all was forgiven.





No comments:

Post a Comment